EMC World 2015 starts with an impressive first General Session. David Goulden EMC II CEO on stage is talking about our EMC strategy based on Storage platforms, Converged Infrastructures and Federation solutions, all designed to improve the IT agility and to drive down the costs to be able to invest in new technologies and solutions supporting the Digital Business Strategy of a company.
The fastest way to improve the IT Agility and to drive down costs is the deployment of a Converged Infrastructure Solution.
EMC provided a technology outlook how we will expand our CI solution portfolio with a next generation Hyper Converged Rack Scale Infrastructure Solution called VXRACK!
You can start small, think of a quarter of a rack and scale linear to hundreds or even thousand nodes. Interested to learn more about it? You can find a short demo here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVV45YqWSzE
XtremIO is the leading all-flash array in the industry according to Gartner’s latest solid state array market analysis released on May 1, 2015. EMC held the #1 market share position in 2014, with a 31.1% share.
At EMC World EMC announced XtremIO 4.0 nicknamed “The Beast”, it provides:
- Enhanced Data Protection – XtremIO supports powerful scale-out replication based on best-of-breed EMC RecoverPoint software. Data on XtremIO arrays can be replicated to other XtremIO arrays or any array supported by RecoverPoint. XtremIO replication delivers up to one-minute Recovery Point Objectives (RPO), even when replicating at data center scale with flash-array levels of workload and data change rates.
- Bigger, Faster Clusters – EMC is introducing a new 40TB X-Brick building block, which is double the density of previous XtremIO systems. In addition, XtremIO clusters now scale up to eight X-Bricks with 16 N-way active controllers (up from 12), capable of delivering petabytes of effective capacity in a single rack through inline data reduction and space-efficient copies.
- Online Expansion – XtremIO arrays now can be non-disruptively expanded for performance and capacity, with automatic rebalancing and no application downtime.
- Application Automation – XtremIO’s copy data management functions are integrated into key enterprise application management stacks such as VMware, Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server and Microsoft Exchange to automate rich use cases, including the scheduling, attachment and expiration of space-efficient copies to application hosts.
- Multi-Array Management – XtremIO 4.0 allows single pane of glass management for multiple XtremIO clusters from a common XtremIO Management Server (XMS).
With this release a fantasic product gets even better and is ready to consolidate the most demanding applications within the Electronic Data Center of the future.
Read more including nice demos:
EMC is announcing an expanded set of VMAX3 data services and capabilities that further automate, consolidate and protect mission-critical IT operations. Key highlights include:
- VMAX3 Introduces FAST.X – Next Wave of Storage Tiering VMAX3 offers automated tiering beyond and across the data center with FAST.X, extending enterprise data services to multiple platforms and extending service level objectives from VMAX3 to other storage devices.
- ViPR Controller and VMAX3 Integration VMAX3 integration with EMC® ViPR® Controller software allows organizations to automate delivery of differentiated classes of storage services through the ViPR Controller self-service catalog. EMC is showing a proof of concept of ViPR Controller running in a VMAX3 guest container for simple SDDC deployment.
- Automated Storage Tiering to XtremIO VMAX3 integration with EMC® XtremIO™ flash storage allows customers to benefit from the data reduction of XtremIO while leveraging VMAX3’s reliability and simplicity. EMC is also previewing an option to purchase a VMAX3 platform with integrated XtremIO X-Brick™ building blocks for easier deployment and management of low latency, compressed data tiers.
- Automated Storage Tiering to the Cloud VMAX3 integration with EMC® CloudArray® cloud-integrated storage moves less active workloads to more cost-efficient cloud storage resulting in up to 40% lower storage costs and highly scalable back-end capacity.
- VMAX3 Active-Active Replication Later this year, VMAX3 will deliver active-active high availability for non-stop data access and resource balancing with newly enhanced SRDF®/Metro™ functionality.
The VMAX3 is the best Hybrid Array in the market capable to run any workload through all protocols with a unique integrated Tiering capability to the Cloud.
EMC today announced major updates to its data protection portfolio that extend its leadership in traditional purpose-built backup appliances and deliver powerful new software solutions. With new products that provide data protection in the cloud, to the cloud and in the data center, EMC is enabling customers to radically reduce cost and complexity while protecting their data wherever it resides.
Today, EMC raised the bar for traditional purpose-built backup appliances with the new EMC Data Domain DD9500. Powered by the latest Data Domain software (DDOS 5.6), the DD9500 delivers unparalleled performance, scalability, and application support. Specifically, the DD9500 delivers:
- 58.7 TB/hour performance, more than 1.5x faster performance than the nearest competitor, ensuring Data Domain can handle even the most demanding data protection requirements.
- 1,728 TB usable capacity, 4x greater than the nearest competitor, enabling organizations to gain greater consolidation for data protection workloads and lower TCO.
EMC also continues to disrupt the data protection market with a host of new non-traditional, software-powered data protection solutions. Key highlights include:
- Storage Integrated Data Protection – ProtectPoint Software Enhancements newest version of ProtectPoint enables direct backup from primary storage to Data Domain and delivers 20x faster performance than traditional backup. This new version also natively integrates with Oracle, SAP and IBM DB2, giving application owners and DBAs direct control of backup and recovery from their native utilities.
- Cloud Data Protection – New EMC CloudBoost and Spanning Solutions Just two quarters after acquiring Maginatics, EMC delivers CloudBoost, which seamlessly connects customers’ existing EMC data protection solutions to elastic, scale-out cloud storage such as EMC ECS. Spanning by EMC expands born-in-the-cloud application data protection with Spanning Backup for Office365.
- Software-Only Data Domain – Project Falcon Project Falcon previews software-only Data Domain that will enable customers to quickly and easily deploy Data Domain software in a variety of new deployment models for the ultimate in flexibility, including remote office protection, cloud providers offering Data-protection-as-a-service, storage integrated data protection, and web-scale protection storage.
We are excited about all the new solutions and technologies.
If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact us.